Wednesday, January 4, 2012

CREATING INSPIRATION THAT’S TANGIBLE

Last year, I participated in a conference hosted by Coca-Cola and Blogher.  While there, we (bloggers) were asked to put together an inspiration board filled with some things we would like to accomplish in our personal lives.

paint 005

paint 006

Because it was spur of the moment, I really didn’t have a chance to think about everything that I would want to put on my inspiration board.  Now that it’s the beginning of the year, I think it’s a great time to start on a new one!

With this board, I want to focus on a few things:

 

CAREER

It’s time for my business to grow.  I thought of Swoon Worthy Boutique two years ago and haven’t done everything with it that I want to.

  painted furniture

 

HOME

My home is coming along pretty good, but we’ve been here for three years and it’s time for me to with it when it comes to finishing up decorating it.

fall living room1 

TRAVEL

I’ve actually started going to different places.  Now that I have taken my first plane ride, it’s on and popping (though I still cry when it’s time to board!).  I want to go to a few more places (other than New York)… Maybe somewhere exoticSmile

1489

HEALTH

Another thing I want to work on is my health.  Another thing that I started, but eventually gave up on was exercising and losing weight. 

[IMAG0940%255B1%255D%255B4%255D.jpg]

SPIRITUAL

At one point, I attended church regularly.  Now, not so much.  Because I believe that you don’t actually have to attend a building to be connected with God, I decided to stop going.  I was at peace with that decision, but I must admit that there is just something about being surrounded with other people in worship. With all of the controversy in the news with some of these “mega” church leaders, I have not decided if I want to attend my home church service again or if I would prefer to just purchase the CD and continue to get the word at home.

 

BEAUTY

I did “the big chop” over the summer and I’m so glad I did!  I’m currently growing my hair back, but I think I want to chop it off again.  Having no hair forces you to try and glam yourself up more than you usually would.  Because I got caught up in all of DIY and decorating my home, I let myself go when it came to “beauty”.  I even stopped shopping for clothes. 

image

image

FASHION

My first love was fashion.  In school, I planned to move to New York, find love, and land a job/career as a buyer or a fashion forecaster.  Over the past few years I’ve lost touch with my inner fashionista.  It’s time to get back to that.  Another thing that got me in a funk is that I’m now plus size.  **PAUSE** I’ve always been plus size to American standards, but now I’m plus size to mine.  I recently (sadly) realized that being plus sized does not mean that you have to look frumpy all of the time. Plus size can be fabulous!

 

                           (via)

 

Hopefully in the next few days I’ll have a chance to work on my board.  I have the perfect spot for it already!


chair in master bedroom3

It kind of defeats the purpose of creating an inspiration board if you’re going to put it in a drawer or somewhere out of site.  You want to place it somewhere so you can see it daily to continue to be inspired by it.  When I finish mine, I’ll share it with you! 

*If you create inspiration boards, what are you including in yours this year?  Have you started a new board already?

4 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I've actually never created a personal inspiration board...surprising? I love this post, it's great to reassess and rethink at the start of a new year. Janell

Ms.JayQue said...

I like the idea of a personal inspiration board....I might just do one for myself! Cheers on the new site!

Unknown said...

Such a great idea. . never done one for my personal life. Hmmmm. I like this!

P.S. I love this... said...

Great post. I have never completed a inspiration board.. I've started a few but....

I'm gonna give it a go.

You look super cute with that short hair. I really love how it looks now.

Happy New Year.. a week late. =)